At CornerStone Interiors, we have over two decades of experience helping clients decorate their home for added functionality, beauty, and more. Here are a few tips for taking your home from blah to beautiful . . . and it’s easier than you think!
- Determine Your Style- Before you get started, it’s important to know where you want to end up. Consider what isn’t working for you right now and spend time collecting ideas from magazines, online sources, and other places until you can be definitive about what style you are hoping to achieve.
- Plan One Room at a Time- It won’t feel so overwhelming if you tackle one room at a time. Continue to squirrel away ideas during the process, but focus just on one room until it is at least mostly finished before moving on to the next.
- Start with a Focal Point- What is the biggest thing in the room? Figure that out and then handle that first. It will give you a strong sense of accomplishment and urge you on to complete the room because it provides insight into how the finished project will captivate and impress.
- You Don’t Have to Finish- Keep in mind that sometimes there is no such thing as a finished room. It is okay to add layers as time goes by. For example, say you are unsure which way to go with the fabric for a chair. Put it on hold, and maybe you’ll find the perfect one when you are working on another room.
- Get Help from Experts- You do not have to go it alone, and unless you have a great sense for what you want and how to coordinate fabrics, colors and other features, don’t hesitate to get advice and assistance from our expert interior design professionals. We’re here to help so you can get the best results possible.
- Paint is Your Friend- A very budget-friendly solution to give a room a facelift is paint. Of course, wallpaper is another option for a fairly quick room transformation.
- Don’t Forget the Windows- It is easy to get so focused on the furniture and décor that you overlook window treatments that can add charm and elegance, and tie everything together.